Tuesday, September 10, 2013

This is Me.

I want to be authentic. I want to be real. I'm tired of pretending. So this. This is me. The real me. 

I'm a junior in highschool. I'm 16. I just about to receive my driver's licence. I'm just like any other teenager. I like to spend time hanging out with my friends.

I am not responsible for anything that this business has become. God is in control of this operation. 10 years ago I didn't even know that being a photographer was a career option.  (Although 10 years ago I was only 6 which means I don't know much of anything. I basically just wanted to be a zookeeper.) But God did. I can look back and see how He orchestrated everything and planned it all out. From moving states, to that first point and shoot. He has been in control. 

 My parents that carted me back and forth to photoshoots, and cheered a 14 and 1/2 year old girl on that she could start her own business deserve a standing ovation. They have been with me this whole adventure and I have no doubt that they will continue to do so as long as I have this crazy dream.  

The photographers that taught me, mentored me, and constructively criticized that same crazy 14 year old. Yeah I owe them big time! 

I'm ready. I'm ready to be confident. Even though I'm 16, and even though I have only been doing this for 2 1/2 years. 

If you are considering hiring a photographer that has a ton of experience or that has 10-20 years under their belt look somewhere else. But if you want a photographer that is hard working, young, has knowledge about photography, and has a love for families and children (especially those that are adoptive or special needs) I might just be the photographer for you!

Thank you for taking the time to get to know me, the real me. 


In His Service, 
Grace

(I would like to thank Carrie Logan for giving me the confidence to write this post. Go check out her work! She's pretty awesome!) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment